Diana at Myths of the mirror posted a play along for anyone who wanted to join. Of course it is a list so how could I resist!
As usual though, there are a few rules:
Use the Blue Sky banner (that Rachael Ritchey designed).
It is sort of polite to mention the person who tagged you.
You need to answer the 11 questions set by your tagger.
You will need to make up 11 original and interesting or funny questions for those you tag.
You need to tag 11 people.
Here are Diana’s questions:
1) What country have you never visited but would love to, and why?
The USA, I live here, but that is different than visiting. So when I am able, I want to be a tourist in my own country. Besides, I speak the language, kinda.
2) What person in your life (not including family members) has most shaped who you are today?
Not one person, but hundreds that I have never met. The authors of my favorite books. Well perhaps some of them are not favorites, just thought provoking and memorable.
3) List three things that make you happy?
Lazy Saturdays, Smooth Music, Cotton Sheets, Hummingbirds, The smell of fresh cut lumber, Christmas Lights, and the Colors of the Sunrise.
4) What’s your favorite genre to read?
I like too many genres to choose just one, but books in a series are my favorite to discover, because they can give more depth to the characters, so the connection is stronger, but alas, all the more sad it is to finish, and to have to say goodbye.
5) What time period in history most intrigues you, and why?
The future, because anything is possible.
6) If you could add a new talent to your repertoire, what would it be, and why?
Waltzing. Just because.
7) Where is your favorite place in the world, and why?
Drinking fresh brewed coffee over an early morning campfire. No responsibilities, and a cornucopia of smells, sights, and sounds.
8) What animal best describes your personality, and why?
Eeyore, I am such an optimistic pessimist.
9) What’s your favorite recipe (and please share it)?
Bacon: 1) go to the store and buy some. 2) open the package with a knife. 3) cook it in a hot pan, flipping with a fork occasionally. 4) remove finished strips to platter covered with several paper towels. 5) Eat it all.
10) Hiking boots, sneakers, heels, or flip-flops?
11) Would you rather have tons of love and little wealth, or tons of wealth and little love?
Well love is hands down better than wealth and I would want it over the other without hesitation, but if I get to choose, I want both.
Now the hard part: 11 Questions to be asked.
1. Which would it be if you had to pick, books or movies?
2. If you have used Facebook or it’s ilk, did you like your friends and family better before, or after, they accepted your friend request?
3. If you could time travel, where would you go, and why?
4. Would you wish to relive your same life if you could?
5. If you could change the number of siblings you have, would you?
6. Do you really have a favorite color, or are you just saying you do? Really think about it. If you hadn’t been asked the question since before you can remember, would you?
7. Can you dance, beyond just shaking it up a bit? Silly question really, but I am curious how many people have ever really learned how to dance.
8. Name one thing you are afraid of, and why. If it doesn’t terrify you, that is.
9. Are you an adventurous or picky eater, and why do you think you ended up as such?
10. Can you name a common place item from your lifetime that you think will disappear before you do? For instance the dial telephone in mine.
11. Do you like your name? Is it one you had to grow into to love, or are you still irritated with your parents for giving it to you?
And I tag… everyone who wants to play. Enjoy!
And be sure to stop by Diana’s and check out her amazing blog. If you enjoy reading, her books are fabulous.